Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 August 2015

Spiritual progress

It is such a pleasure to re-read the letters from Mrs. Eddy to the churches. One finds old friends which re-delight us. For instance I find I have marked I find I have marked the following passages in Miscellany:

Thus may each member of this church rise above the oft-repeated inquiry, What am I? to the scientific response: I am able to impart truth, health, and happiness, and this is my rock of salvation and my reason for existing (165: 18);

He who is afraid of being too generous has lost the power of being magnanimous (165: 26-27);

and

When we are willing to help and to be helped, divine aid is near (166: 19-20).

We can always expect to be inspired by different words of wisdom each time we re-read Mrs. Eddy’s writings, as I was when I read:

…let our measure of time and joy be spiritual, not material (166:23).

We have progressed spiritually each time we come to re-read, and we can say with joy, Alleluia!

Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts