Total Pageviews

Friday 6 August 2021

God's protecting presence and power

Clifford Kapps Eriksen’s testimony on page 244 (Stories of Healing: Jesus and his followers) reminded me how important it is to begin our day with study of the Christian Science Quarterly Bible Lesson.

Clifford fell about 50 feet on a building site when the catwalk he was standing on gave way.

He writes, “I had, as usual for me, begun my day studying the Bible and correlative passages from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy as found in the Christian Science Quarterly Bible Lessons. As I lay there on the basement floor, I clung to what I’d gained that morning about God’s protecting presence and power.”

Clifford was inspired by Paul’s experiences of God’s protective power he had read about that morning. He says he was comforted to realise that he couldn’t be separated from God’s love by height or depth.

He soon emerged from the basement unharmed, joyous, and completely free of any injury.

Our period of study of the Christian Science Lesson-Sermon can equip us to meet any challenge which may come up in our daily life.

Then I noticed the testimony about fire ant stings on page 254. I do not have a name for the ants which I was stung by, but I have shared my healing in yesterday’s blog post. This experience has impressed me ever since it happened, as a time when I listened for a message from God and it came. Here is the background to that testimony.

My husband and I had moved to the Northern Rivers of New South Wales to take on macadamia nut farming. To pick the nuts (picking being the term used for harvesting at that time) my method was to take a hessian potato sack and a bucket, and equipped with overalls, gloves and rubber boots (Wellies), I would sit on the sack and pick up the nuts one by one. However, this must have been at summer time for my legs were bare.

See yesterday’s post titled “Fixed” for the rest of the story.

Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts