Total Pageviews

Saturday 1 December 2012


Declare the truth

On thinking some more about Les and his mother (first testimony in Peel’s book), it seems to me that there was almost constant declaring of truths of God and man – out loud.

So, in our Reading Room on Wednesday, I read a strong article which applied to me – out loud.  How forceful it was, and how much better I took in the ideas!  I may say that I was the only one in the Reading Room at the time.  Then yesterday something physical was needling me, so as I knitted, I declared truths about God, using mostly the synonyms of God given to us in the Christian Science textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures: Mind, Spirit, Soul, Truth, Life, Love, Principle (see p. 465).

I declared aloud that Mind is Spirit and Spirit is Mind, and continued on through all the synonyms in that fashion.  And kept on declaring aloud everything that came to mind that was God.  It was a very good exercise, and I gained physical relief.

What a wonderful range of healings Peel has given us in his present book!  One perhaps small detail has stood out to me; it is reported on page 134.  The case is one of third degree burns to a child.  When the child was taken home from the hospital, Polly Kerr, a Christian Science nurse, was called to change the bandages.  The doctor called the nurse and said he was on the point of recommending that the child be taken under protective custody in order that medical treatment be continued.   But when the nurse explained the nature of the care she was providing, giving step by step details of the procedure, and identifying the cleansing agent and specific dressing materials, he reversed his position and there was no more problem on that count.  The child was healed with no scar.

I didn’t quite finish the book as of yesterday, the last day of the month.  I will do so and look forward to our study of the Hymnal and its concordance.

 
Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts