Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Getting to know the Bible better

I have been browsing Madelon Maupin's fascinating web site www.BibleRoads.com and came across Professor Grant Horner's Bible-Reading System, which was very happily launched in our household just 5 days ago.  I love the way I'm not reading from just one book at a time, but from 10 books each day.  It's fascinating how everything relates and how this keeps one truly excited about what's coming next.

I love what Prof. Horner says about HOW to read the Bible for this particular project, which he suggests we might try for just a month. I love his instructions for moving ahead with the reading, as I find I often find myself re-reading passages and this slows me down a lot.

He writes:

Read quickly (without "speed reading") in order to get the overall sense. Read as fast as you comfortably can with moderate retention. You're not studying deeply or memorizing; shoot for 5-6 minutes per chapter. At the end of a chapter, move immediately to the next list.

GET THROUGH THE TEXT - no dawdling, back reading, looking up cross-references!

Most people decrease their time spent and increase their retention after just two-three weeks!

What are YOU reading right now?  Please write and tell us in the next couple of days... 

No comments:

Popular Posts