Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 January 2022

Mozart

 Thank you to Julie Swannell for her piece about chords. So beautiful!

And so, this morning I have come to page 11 of this Message for 1900. And, Behold it talks about music. “Mozart rests you. To me his composition is the triumph of art, for he measures himself against deeper grief.” Mrs. Eddy had a great regard for Mozart. In Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures she writes, “Mozart experienced more than he expressed. The rapture of his grandest symphonies was never heard. He was a musician beyond what the world knew.” (213:20)

I have a testimony about music, and particularly one piece of Mozart’s music, Don Giovanni’s La Ci Darem la Mano* duet.

Some weeks ago I had a vaccination for the current virus. The next day I had a few sensations which made me think that maybe I was having a reaction to it. I had just previously been listening to that La Ci Darem la Mano. The idea came to sit down at the computer and listen to different renditions provided by YouTube. I added some Offenbach Barcarolle.

I spent several hours of pure delight at the various productions. And all thought of some reaction to the vaccination took their leave. Classical music had soothed the soul, leaving no room for doubts or reactions.

Joyce Voysey

*Ed. One translation is: There, I'll give you my hand.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

25/1/22

Mozart is amazing. As a 60s and 70s music fan I have only recently got into his music. His music can calm the soul and allows one to focus and concentrate.

I believe he was in tune with the divine Mind.

Regards
Brendan

Popular Posts