Total Pageviews

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Power, majesty and comfort of the Psalms

I am in awe of the power, majesty and comfort of the Psalms. I have been listening to a recording of them and love to feel the forward movement as the verses work towards resolution and peace. 

The beauty and rhythm of the verses shine through at every pace, whether read quickly or slowly, but I find that the juxtaposition of differing paces i.e. fast, slow, medium, fast etc, creates a perfect mode for listening. Furthermore, the images evoked are strong and memorable. After all, these verses were written to be listened to, danced to, sung, and played.

Lastly, I love the surprise of new treasures in the Psalms. Today I found this:

Psalm 73: 16, 17   ....it was too painful for me; Until I went into the sanctuary of God.

Julie Swannell


No comments:

Popular Posts