Total Pageviews

Monday 24 March 2014

The right thinker earns his money


I remember the books “Message to The Mother Church for 1900” and “Message to The Mother Church for 1901” because they give me a definite date for the last year of the 19th Century and the first of the 20th Century.  This reminds me of the discussion regarding whether the year 2000 or the year 2001 marked the first year of the 21st Century: 2000 won that discussion.  I wonder what will happen when the 22nd century dawns?

There are some very impressive truths given to us by Mary Baker Eddy in our March book – the 1900 Message.

Page 2.  How could one forget “The Song of Christian Science is, “Work – work – work – watch and pray.””?  And the strong sentiments which follow about the three types of human nature.  Where do we classify ourselves amongst the three types: The right thinker; the idler; the intermediate?  Do we fall into different classes at different times, something I feel is exemplified in Jesus parable of the sower and the  seed (Luke 8:5-15)?  I feel I have fitted each of the descriptions at different times, although certainly one has fallen far short of the standard of the “right thinker.”   The thought that takes my attention this time is that “he earns his money and gives it wisely to the world.”  Wow!

Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts