Total Pageviews

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Calculus and Jehovah

Pardon my absence from this blog.  I think of it all the time, but there have been other things to contemplate – A visit from a Jehovah’s Witness had me researching 'Jehovah' and last week's Christian Science Bible Lesson had a phrase that needed my attention and growth in understanding: “the divine, infinite calculus” (Science and Health 520:14).

The best inkling I got as to what calculus is, was that it was all about change.  JSH-Online (jsh-online.com) provided a poem and an article which exactly satisfied me.  

The article is by Margaret Morrison and is titled “The Infinite calculus of Spirit.” It's from the September 1935 copy of The Christian Science Journal. http://journal.christianscience.com/issues/1935/9/53-6/the-infinite-calculus-of-spirit

Here is the poem, from the December 2, 2013 issue of The Christian Science Sentinel. There is an excellent photo accompanying the poem if anyone is interested. 

Higher Mathematics 
by Laura Bantly

Go figure.
If God is ALL,
nothing can be added
nor anything taken away.
Divisions are inadmissible,
quotients have no function.
All equations are obsolete,
“swallowed up in the
infinite calculus of Spirit” *
Stripped of formula and hypothesis,
eternal Oneness
IS.

*Mary Baker Eddy Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures p. 209.  
_____________________________________________________________________________ 
And about Jehovah, I was satisfied with reading about the term in Science and Health, It was very revealing to me.  Of course, there is always more to be learned about that infinite topic, GOD.


I have notes on Esther to type up (my usual computer is at the healer’s and I am using a laptop which I am not all that familiar with), but I will send this off to Julie right now.

Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts