Total Pageviews

Thursday 1 November 2012

Promise of Progress and Bible printed as separate books

Friends –

A new month seems to hold such promise of progress and fresh avenues of good opening up before us.  Welcome to November and to our study of Robert Peel's work "Spiritual Healing in a Scientific Age". This 1987 book first came into my hands in October 1987, so it appears I must have purchased it as soon as it was published. It’s so interesting to be reading it again now, twenty-five years later.  I see that I added some pencil notations last time so I’m looking forward to seeing what new light will come this time.

On another note, I once saw (in a newsagent in Bunbury) individual books of the Bible printed as small booklets. I'm now sorry that I didn't buy any because it occurs to me that that would be a lovely way to study individual books – just pop one in your pocket and off you go! Of course, one would also have the rest of the Bible for context and cross-reference, but to have a nice portable version for special study might be fun.  If anyone comes across such a thing, I'd be really pleased to hear from you.
 

In the meantime, it’s going to be great to unfurl our latest book together.

 

No comments:

Popular Posts