I love that some poems say nothing to me one day and LOTS on another day. Others I can come back to often and gain fresh insight every time.
Today, the book fell open at David Kennedy's poem "Trusting" on page 14. It's theme is simple yet so telling. Is it our job to be God? Of course, we are reminded of Job's mighty struggle with these huge questions as we read this poem.
The other poem I like today is "Sure Defense" by Rosemary C. Cobham (page 106) which starts: "Another's thought is his to guard" and then proceeds to work back to what, in another's behavior, we might unwittingly allow to upset us
"...If, loving self, I let the hurt
Working through my unguarded friend
Rankle and fester in my heart
Till all my peace and love depart."
But then, the solution through our "Father, holy Mind"
"...so that we
Can neither wound nor wounded be."
Julie Swannell
Total Pageviews
Saturday, 14 February 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Get out our dictionaries Julie Swannell One thing that impressed me as I read Christian Science in Germany is that the new (German) s...
-
The prophet Isaiah sees beyond human seeing. His vision takes our breath away as he describes a desert (or solitary place) transformed: bloo...
-
I love the story about Jerry, the horse, related on page 585 (note 9): On one occasion a different horse than usual was harnessed to h...
No comments:
Post a Comment