Total Pageviews

Saturday 14 February 2015

God is always the answer

I love that some poems say nothing to me one day and LOTS on another day.  Others I can come back to often and gain fresh insight every time.

Today, the book fell open at David Kennedy's poem "Trusting" on page 14. It's theme is simple yet so telling. Is it our job to be God? Of course, we are reminded of Job's mighty struggle with these huge questions as we read this poem. 

The other poem I like today is "Sure Defense" by Rosemary C. Cobham (page 106) which starts: "Another's thought is his to guard" and then proceeds to work back to what, in another's behavior, we might unwittingly allow to upset us 

"...If, loving self, I let the hurt
Working through my unguarded friend
Rankle and fester in my heart
Till all my peace and love depart."

But then, the solution through our "Father, holy Mind"

"...so that we
Can neither wound nor wounded be."

Julie Swannell

No comments:

Popular Posts