Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 December 2015

Tributes - Chapter 16

I have reached Chapter Sixteen, titled "TRIBUTES." It opens with Mrs. Eddy's article "Monument to Baron and Baroness de Hirsch" (My. 287:2) which appeared in the New York Mail and Express.  I wrote about Baron and Baroness de Hirsch and their good works in my blog dated 30th October, but I will here repeat the link which will take those interested to a record of how their benevolence helped Jewish immigrants to the USA to become farmers on their own land: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-168547743.html. (The article is titled "Recollections of a Connecticut Jewish Farmer's Son.")

Here is a quote about education: “All education is work” (My. 289:1).

The chapter “Tributes” includes some remarkable statements and loving thoughts for those facing the loss of a dear one.  Tribute is paid to Queen Victoria, President McKinley, Lord Dunmore, Joseph Armstrong, and Edward Kimball.

Here is one remarkable statement: 

My beloved Edward A. Kimball, whose clear, correct teaching of Christian Science has been and is an inspiration to the whole field, is here now as veritably as when he visited me a year ago.  If we would awaken to this recognition, we should see him here and realize that he never died; thus demonstrating the fundamental truth of Christian Science.  (Page 297)

And how is this for a recipe for unity in churches: “Father, teach us the life of Love” (My. P. 301)?

Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts