As we are reading Pulpit and Press this month, the following letter, which mentions those two institutions, will be of interest to book club readers:
"Undoubtedly "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures" is the greatest and grandest book ever published; and that by pulpit and press it will be so acknowledged, is only a question of time. Yours has, indeed, been a pioneer work, and will be; and I believe that you, of all the millions, are selected and chosen because of your peculiar fitness for this great work - this grand work of opening the gates and leading the way, that fallen humanity may follow step by step; reach up to Christ, and be made whole! That all this should be systematized and proven with mathematical precision, - that there can be no guesswork or quackery, - is simply astounding. Science and Health has given me a new impetus heavenward.
M. A. Hinkley of Williamsport Pa.
quoted in Mary Baker Eddy's Miscellaneous Writings p. 458:1-4
Total Pageviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Get out our dictionaries Julie Swannell One thing that impressed me as I read Christian Science in Germany is that the new (German) s...
-
I find that I do not like the Bible book The Song of Solomon! It is so sexual/sensual. One might say, well, if it weren’t for sex there wo...
-
The prophet Isaiah sees beyond human seeing. His vision takes our breath away as he describes a desert (or solitary place) transformed: bloo...
No comments:
Post a Comment