Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 March 2020

Meekness and calm


Have you noticed that Paul asks that the Colossians pray for him? He writes:

“Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving; Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds: That I may make it manifest as I ought to speak” Col. 4:2-4.
I find a meekness in Paul, a humility.

Now, meekness is a quality which I have been pondering. Having watched Janet Horton* on YouTube** I remarked on her meekness. I had been thinking that the world at this time is in great need of a Moses. We are told Moses that he was “very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.” See Numbers 12:3.
Shall we pray for those Moses' qualities?

Joyce Voysey

* A passage from Janet Horton's book, Cracking the Camouflage Ceiling, our book last month is good (page 17): "Calmly waiting on Him allows God to orchestrate the perfect events to resolve any problem."
** ed. There are several YouTube videos to select from. Here's one.


No comments:

Popular Posts