Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 November 2023

Isn't this wonderful?

 Isn’t this wonderful? From Mary Baker Eddy’s Christian Healing:

The Lord’s Prayer, understood in its spiritual sense, and given its spiritual version, can never be repeated too often for the benefit of all who, having ears, hear and understand. (15:28-3)

It reminds me of a recent inspired thought.

When I give my testimony at a Christian Science Wednesday evening meeting about being brought to Christian Science through the Christ (as I see it now), I often say something like, “I attended Sunday School regularly at either Church of England (when it was available where I was living at the time), or Methodist. I loved the simple hymns of the Methodist church. But they never got through to me”, “they” being all the Sunday School teachers. (There was no religious teaching in the home, only the insistence that I attend Sunday School and, when I was old enough, become confirmed and take communion.)

But I can see now that every Bible truth spoken, every prayer prayed must have “not returned to me void.” I know for sure that I was certainly taught The Lord’s Prayer. So, I am grateful for every Bible quotation that has gone out from churches and individuals over the many generations.

People have been blessed and are being blessed and will be blessed by that holy book, the Bible. And as Mrs. Eddy wrote, by The Lord’s Prayer.

Joyce Voysey

Ed. Readers will be thrilled to read about how The Lord’s Prayer saved a writer from a potentially catastrophic situation. See The Christian Science Journal December 2023, p. 42 Safe and Sound with the Lord’s Prayer.

No comments:

Popular Posts