Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Understanding Science and Health


 
Here are Joyce Voysey’s answers Part 2:


8. Has reading Chapter 12 helped you to better understand Science and Health?

I found this question somewhat of a puzzler...

 

Until I got to contemplating the last piece in the chapter (“How to understand Science and Health”), I was going to say that I felt that every testimony that I have read has helped me to understand the textbook and how the Science it proclaims can be demonstrated.  I can still say that, however, I particularly remember being very impressed with that letter to a friend, on how to understand CS.  I am sure it helped me tremendously in my early grasp of Christian Science through the study of S&H. 

 

Actually, I remember asking my guardian to read this letter in the hope that he would understand something of what I saw in Christian Science, and particularly the textbook.  He read it without comment.  (I can still place him on our verandah as he read it.)

 

9. Who wrote the following: “Mrs. Eddy’s works are the outgrowth of her life. I never knew so unselfish an individual”?

Mrs. Eddy’s husband, Asa Gilbert Eddy

 

10. What characteristic does Mrs. Eddy say is “the great red dragon of this hour”? (p. 254)

Envy

 

11. What happens when error is left to itself? (p. 348)

It accumulates

 

12. Can you find at least 10 examples where Mrs. Eddy quotes Scripture?

348:14; 56:25; 226:11; 313:21; 271:13; 124:26; 266:32; 127:17; 157:22; 263:7

 

13. Who was Charles Carrol Bonney? (p. 312)

In the history of Christian Science, he is noted as having an active role in organizing the Parliament of the World’s Religions (1893) at which an address, composed of excerpts of writings by Mary Baker Eddy, was read and later mis-published against her explicit order.

No comments:

Popular Posts