Total Pageviews

Friday 26 October 2012


MORE TO BE LEARNED

Now about the chapter Prayer in Science and Health.  One has read this chapter many times in 50 years of studying Christian Science, but there is always something more to be learned from its message.  It so happened that my recent Christian Science Students Association Day’s preparatory work this year included reading this chapter, with special emphasis on the healing power of The Lord’s Prayer. 


This is what came to me just before our Association meeting –
 


It has been my privilege over the last several months to be a contributor to the Christian Science Reading Room Redcliffe Queensland Book Club blog.

Last month, the book of the month was Luke and it has been carried over to October, along with the Prayer chapter of Science and Health.

As I read and studied Luke, I was inspired by his use of the idea “Jerusalem”.  It seems to me that Luke is saying that Jerusalem is the destination Jesus was aiming for and his experience of healing and preaching on his journey readied him for his perfect understanding of Life and its demonstration over all flesh, including its death.

Then, on Monday morning, as I considered The Lord’s Prayer and our speaker’s request that we study it and expect to heal through its truths, I realized for the first time that Jesus was including himself in the need of that prayer which S&H tells us “covers all human needs”.  For didn’t he say “OUR Father” and “Lead US not into temptation”.

And I think I can see how he prayed his way to the heavenly city of consciousness, Jerusalem, through his living of that prayer. 

We are on our way to Jerusalem as we demonstrate what we have been taught by our precious teacher.

Mary Baker Eddy certainly included herself in the universal need of the spiritual power of the Lord’s Prayer...”OUR Father-Mother God.....enable US to know”.


The other thought was that there seem to be a lot of negatives in this chapter.  I conclude that Mrs. Eddy was pointing out the old, outmoded ways of praying and giving us the new, more spiritual ways.

No comments:

Popular Posts