Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Adventure with Genesis

Book Club June 2017: Genesis

Recently I was alone in our Sunday school well before starting time.  I decided to start on the reading of Genesis.  We have there beautiful new books ready for study – the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures (SH).

               As soon as one starts to read from Genesis, one realises that SH has a whole chapter elucidating this first book of the Bible.  So up to Gen. iv. 16 one can read almost all the verses with their spiritual interpretation.  I didn't complete the exercise, of course, but really appreciated the reading that got me started on this adventure with Genesis.

               The Glossary to SH is a mine of good spiritual explanations of words and names from the Bible.  And I have for a long time thought of the initial “Heaven” as “harmony” and “earth” representing “eternity and immortality.” (See Glossary definitions of heaven and earth – S&H 587:25 and 585:5 in part.)


               And so, as I read, I could hear repeated echoes of harmony, eternity and immortality in Science and Health's Genesis chapter.

Joyce Voysey

No comments:

Popular Posts